“We [the people] are superior to government and should remain master over it, not the other way around.”
-President Ezra Taft Benson
Mosiah 29
16 Now I say unto you, that because all men are not just it is not expedient that ye should have a king or kings to rule over you.
17 For behold, how much iniquity doth one wicked king cause to be committed, yea, and what great destruction!
....
21 And behold, now I say unto you, ye cannot dethrone an iniquitous king save it be through much contention, and the shedding of much blood.
....
25 Therefore, choose you by the voice of this people, judges, that ye may be judged according to the laws which have been given you by our fathers, which are correct, and which were given them by the hand of the Lord.
....
27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
uhh ohhh.....seems to be getting there...come on elected officials...no more bad choices....unless you want a seriuosly hard pile drive to the face...and I'm not talkin' a Nacho Libre pile drive...talkin' bout the Lord's pile drive dude...

I like this, its true. so true.
ReplyDeleteamen
ReplyDeleteI second that Amen!
ReplyDelete